I AM JON DUNCAN LTD
Digital Design (January 2019 – Present)
- Branding – Worked with businesses to define their core brand identity and create logos, assets and guidelines.
- Graphic Design – Designed a variety of assets including: 20ft banners, packaging design, album artwork, social media imagery and booklets, for clients ranging from high profile artists such as Seal & DJ Snake, to companies including the UK Business Angels Association.
- Animation – Using After Effects, Final Cut Pro & other Adobe CS tools, animated visualisations for stadium shows, lyric videos, Instagram stickers, idents and promotional material.
- Illustration – Created illustrations including Investigation Discovery’s ‘Making A Murderer’ documentary and infographics for Hodder & Stoughton and the Architects Registration Board’s annual report.
Media Composer (January 2019 – Present)
- Film / TV – Composed tracks for a BBC series in development, scored a number of short films including a Crystal Palace Film Festival nominated film.
- Commercial – Commissioned by agencies including M&C Saatchi and McCann to create bespoke music for Havana Club, Logic, Titleist & Anglian Glass television adverts.
- Synchronisation – Original music used for the Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week and television shows including ABC Studio’s ‘The Good Doctor’, MTV ‘Scream’, ‘Suspect’ & ‘Are You The One?’.
Digital & Design Manager (April 2013 – January 2019)
- Digital Consultancy – Worked alongside clients to review their current digital assets and processes and to develop new strategies.
- Account Management – Maintained relationships with clients before, during and after projects, ensuring communication was clear, whilst building strong professional relationships.
- Website Design – Managed and built sites for clients taking them through KPIs, structure, design, user experience, development, testing and launch.
- Social Media – Took clients through the whole process of best practice and developed strategies for increased engagement and reach. Used analytics to feed back, adjust and adapt messages.
- Email Marketing – Fully designed, built and tested responsive email templates using inline HTML best practices. Managed the quarterly eBulletin mailout to the Architects Registration Board’s 45,000 members. Used analytics to modify and adjust email content and layout in order to improve engagement.
- Graphic Design – Produced brand identities, logos, packaging design and banners for clients.
- Animation – Pitched, designed, animated and recorded voiceovers for a series of videos for the Architects Registration Board. Animated a number of brand idents for use before and after videos on social media.
PRS FOR MUSIC
Digital Creative Projects Executive (May 2011 – April 2013)
- Website design – Proposed, initiated and project managed the redesign and re-launch of PRS for Music ‘M’ Magazine website and carried out the front-end development, build, maintenance and optimisation for the site.
- Digital Marketing – Developed a full marketing strategy for the new ‘M’ website, detailing initiatives to increase traffic, build awareness and fully utilise social media to improve site stats.
- Email Marketing – Project managed, redesigned and rebuilt eCRM marketing content across PRS for Music: including the newsletter, which goes out to 90,000 members monthly.
- Multimedia Strategy – Management, development and creation of multimedia strategies, guidelines and content for use across the marketing and communications department. This encompassed coordinating, filming and editing interviews and performances for the ‘M’ website.
- Content Management – Delivered and project managed various initiatives and updates to the company website.
- Social Media – Maintained and updated Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, posting content daily and managed competitions. Developed social media strategies to grow followers, increase interactions and drive traffic to the ‘M’ Magazine website.
- Stats Reporting – Analysis of website and social media statistics along with recommendations and insights to improve numbers and maximise communication channels.
REPRISE MUSIC GROUP
Digital Manager / Logistics Manager (January 2010 – April 2011)
- People Management – Managed two full-time agent assistants at Reprise Music’s artist booking agency, monitoring their workload, attention to detail and ensured deadlines were met.
- CMS Development – Co-designed and project managed a fully integrated system for running the entire back-end of the agency. The system managed contacts, streamlined bookings, contracting, logistics, accounts as well as keeping artists up to date with all relevant information.
- Website and Graphic Design – Built and rebranded the Reprise and subsidiary sites, also offered these services to external clients. Including WordPress builds, microsites and logos.
- Social Media Management – Managed social media channels for artists, ensuring content was regularly posted and fans were engaged and up to date.
- Logistics – Oversaw and implemented logistics for over 70 artists. This included flights, accommodation, visas and itineraries. Directly involved in over 1,000 show bookings and 5 international tours.
- A&R – Led to the signing of several acts to the bookings, sync and publishing roster.
Digital Content Manager (March 2009 – January 2010)
- Content Management – Managed all digital assets for Polydor artist’s debut album cycle, including: album launch, three singles and tours with Take That and Lady Gaga.
- Social Media -Maintained all social media and created exclusive content across all platforms.
- Fan Engagement and Development – Interacted with and responded to fans on forums, and social network sites to ensure continued fan engagement on behalf of the artist.
- Viral Marketing – Implemented viral campaigns involving secret URLs with exclusive tracks and hidden content.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
University of Surrey (2004 – 2008)
Business Management BSc Upper 2 AUS Distinction
Business Studies (A), ICT (B), Geography (B), AS Economics (B)
IDM – Digital Marketing Strategy: Define, Plan, Deliver!
Music Ally – Digital In Practice